2013/05/21

Thamel - a shopping area in Kathmandu

This weekend I went in to Kathmandu, and I visit some different areas, one of them is Thamel, known as the tourist area. And that's true, it´s a huge commerce here.But last time I was here I found a great book shop " "Himalayan book House", that I really liked. And they have so much more than books. And good prices comparing to others.
Anyway, here come some pictures from this area.
 If you go of, from the shopping streets, you can find so many beautiful wives... It´s breathing old tradition and culture...
 A woman doing here laundry, in a surrounding of beautiful old houses, sculptures etc....
 Intensive shopping streets.... There is a lot of mobile "fruit stores"from bicycles...
 a mix of tourists, shooters, rickshaws, and tourist shops are all over. All are selling the same thing more or less if you ask me.
It was a heavy rain for about 30 minutes, then the sun showed up again. the monsoon just started...
Among a lot of things I found a beautiful head of Buddha in wood. its big, more or less 45-50 cm high. And I love it!!! This kind of things I could fill a whole container with to take back home to Spain :)

After my my shopping round I went  straight to Bhouda. Were I was going to stay the night.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar